Plugins to consider/Suggestions/Bugs

Plugins to consider/Suggestions/Bugs

Home Forums Modtopia Feedback & Suggestions Plugins to consider/Suggestions/Bugs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bumfuzzler 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ATaXiA
      @ataxia

Plugin suggestions:

Gyrocopter – Player built helicopters

Factions / Factions Core –  Or something like it to promote a little more PVP and get people out of their shells 🙂

AFK – A courtesy, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been talking to people who where AFK and i didn’t know, or they hate me.. either way.

KDR Scoreboard –  A companion for the KDGui we already have.

DynamicPVP  –  Make AirDrops more like mini events with NPC guards and some other stuff.

Suggestions:

Quest settings, i don’t think many people do the majority of the quests because of how high the required item count is, most are set at 50xQuestItem. With the new 1 week wipe cycle its almost impossible to complete most Gather quests. I’d like to suggest Halving the amounts of most of the quest required items and see if more people start questing.

Helicopter Event Time, It seems like Heli’s are spending a lot of time patrolling which keeps most of us inside our safe homes until it leaves. I’d suggest lowering the heli event times to allow for players to explore/interact more.

Bugs:

/Where stopped working

/dtd displays wrong information of event

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by  ATaXiA. Reason: What is Grammar
      • This topic was modified 6 months ago by  ATaXiA. Reason: What is Grammar

Bumfuzzler
      Keymaster
        @bumfuzzler

Great feedback as always!

Gyrocopter – Player built helicopters

I’ve communicated with the author. It doesn’t support the functionality I’d like to have. I want to have them spawn in the map, not give players the ability to simply spawn them. Also, on server restarts the and plugin reloads the copters disappear.

Factions / Factions Core –  Or something like it to promote a little more PVP and get people out of their shells

The author has abandoned the scene so I don’t trust using it unfortunately.

AFK – A courtesy, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been talking to people who where AFK and i didn’t know, or they hate me.. either way.

Especially with low population, I’d rather not kick anyone for any reason unless I absolutely have to. Also, I doubt they hate you 🙂

KDR Scoreboard –  A companion for the KDGui we already have.

I had this, but when I scaled down plugin count this one was a casualty. I can add it back for sure.

DynamicPVP  –  Make AirDrops more like mini events with NPC guards and some other stuff.

I’ve been watching this one for a bit. It sounds interesting. I’m worried this could interfere with a couple other plugins, but we can check it out. I’m not sure I’d enable it for supply signals, the tank or the heli though. If people toss a signal, destroy the tank/heli, I don’t want them to have to fight people for what they earned.

Quest settings, i don’t think many people do the majority of the quests because of how high the required item count is, most are set at 50xQuestItem.

You’re right. The short wipe makes it harder. I think I’ll cut it in half.

Helicopter Event Time, It seems like Heli’s are spending a lot of time patrolling which keeps most of us inside our safe homes until it leaves. I’d suggest lowering the heli event times to allow for players to explore/interact more.

This dang thing is unruly. I’ll try my best to reduce it’s life.

/Where stopped working

Fixed just before I read your post :)!

/dtd displays wrong information of event

Fixed just before I read your post :)!

Thanks for the feedback as always man. I will finish the cycle of changes I’m working on now and then Atax these 🙂

Bumfuzzlertopia
        Bumfuzzler Modtopia 216.155.140.108
        Bumfuzzler Vanillatopia 66.55.149.84
        http://www.bumfuzzler.net

ATaXiA
          @ataxia

I was unaware that the gyros was that limited in functionality, better to just keep an eye on then and hope the author develops it fuller.

The AFK plugin i linked may have been the wrong one(had a few out comparing) It’s this guy Pain-AFK, It just puts the player into sleep mode and sends a message in chat that “<player> is AFK”. I didnt notice i linked the one that kicked lol, we really dont need that type of thing 🙂

The DynamicPVP sounds decent, sounds like its trying to mimic how dayz/arma have heli crash missions etc by adding NPC. I was just figuring it might be something to test since we’re on the new 1 week wipe cycle, try it for a week and get feedback see if it fits.

If i got the permission from Absolut to update/expand on factions would you be willing to give something like that a test run?  I’ve been modding games for about 20 years now and was also a programmer for Legions: OverDrive so im sure i can do something pretty unique with factions.

I’ve got some old footage of tests i was running for Tribes 1 and Legions here if you’re interested, odd ball stuff to test the capabilities of a 20 year old engine that shouldn’t let me do any of that 🙂

Anyhow thanks for looking into the mess as always Bum <3

Bumfuzzler
          Keymaster
            @bumfuzzler

better to just keep an eye on then and hope the author develops it fuller.

I’ve communicated with the author of GyroCopter a while back. My hope was to have them work similar to cars do now. You could choose to have a certain amount of them spawn automatically across the map. They would show on the mini map, allow for fueling, allow for codelocks, etc. This way players would fight over them. I envisioned helipads on top of bases surrounded by turrets and players using them for scoping out their surroundings. Unfortunately none of that exists so yeah, I wait and watch.

The AFK plugin i linked may have been the wrong one

My bad about the AFK plugin. You gave me the link and I missed it. If I was going to implement this, I would have it work off of idle time. This requires someone to type AFK and in my experience few will. Most times going AFK is due to distraction or unexpected situations. Secondly, I’m afraid allowing other players to know you’re AFK as it could pose a threat. That’s especially if offline raid protection is being used. How better to raid someone than when they’re AFK, but online?

The DynamicPVP sounds decent

I will absolutely try out the DynamicPVP. I like the idea for some items, possibly only timed supply drops. I raised the loot on the drops and I believe I skewed the loot toward the timed drops so I like the idea of a challenge being associated with that.

It seems like Heli’s are spending a lot of time patrolling

I’m going to have to wait for feedback, but I lessened the time (I believe) of the chopper. Let’s see how it plays out.

If i got the permission from Absolut to update/expand on factions would you be willing to give something like that a test run?

In regards to Factions, I’ll be honest. I’m alergic to plugins that use event manager and zones you have to configure every single wipe. I tried it before and it was an annoying bore of a waste of time. It would take me tons of time and no one used them. Any plugin like this that I use has to automatically build its arenas after wipe with a command. For instance the duel mod. I type duel on, duel new and boom it’s ready to go.

i don’t think many people do the majority of the quests because of how high the required item count is

I lowered some quest requirements by half, but also some of the awards.

I’ve been modding games for about 20 years now and was also a programmer for Legions: OverDrive so im sure i can do something pretty unique with factions.

Nice on Legions! I used to mod a long time ago. I had a game in PC Gamer once! I appreciate you offering your skills! Never know what comes up. With factions though again, the setup is too intense. Even the arena mod which is a paid plugin says:

Creating events is a simple (but time consuming) process as many of you would already know from EventManager. Before opening the event creation menu you first must create your zone, kits, and spawnfile(s).

I just don’t feel the results are worth the effort. I can better spend my time doing other things.

Bumfuzzlertopia

Bumfuzzler
            Keymaster
              @bumfuzzler

I gave this a try and had unexpected results. In order to use this plugin you have to use TruePVE – https://oxidemod.org/plugins/truepve.1789/ – Using that makes it so that Twig – and possibly other building materials, take no damage.

I posted about it to the author, but unsure when or if we’ll see a fix.

Bumfuzzlertopia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.