Hey Bumfuzzlers! I’ve got a few updates for ya as we head into this month’s first wipe! We’ve got a patch coming today which should give us some new goodies, I’ve made some tweaks and we’ve got the results of the 5 week wipe cycle situation, plus more custom map talk! Read on.
Player Skins (Modtopia)
Not sure if you know it, but you can buy skins and set them as default (/skin shop) so that anytime you craft certain items, you’ll get the skins you love! This is great if you’re very particular and like having your boxes and doors all the same skin or have an outfit you enjoy!
I’ve made a couple of small changes:
- Purchasing skins now cost 100 RP instead of the old 1 RP. This was done to match the recent changes to the store and economy.
- I’ve excluded a couple of skins that shouldn’t have been available due to them being Skin Perks.
I’ve slowed smelting and lowered the charcoal byproduct ever so slightly. You shouldn’t see a massive difference, but I’m hoping it will slow the aggression down just a little.
Foundation wiping is real! LOL, I’ve seen several situations where players sign on and no trace of their structures could be found! So I’m trying to make some changes to reduce the possibility of that happening. I love raiding, but it’s no fun to have your base foundation wiped every other day. It also bypasses the defenses and structure people build into their bases!
To directly tackle this, I’ve raised the health of foundations again. It was set to 150% of the original health, but now I’ve upped it to 200% of the original health. This should give incentives to raid using other means and it should also give more time for decay to happen after a cupboard is destroyed. This way players who are raided might have the chance to salvage something.
I’ve been doing the math on gathering wood, stone and the like and I found room for some adjustments here and there.
I’ve made the following changes:
- Gathering resources during the day was reduced by about 3%
- Gathering resources at night was reduced by about 8%
- Lowered Zlevel points gained at night by about 66% so you’ll gain points and earn levels faster, but it’s not astronomical.
You shouldn’t notice a massive difference. I’m just making slight adjustments to find the sweet spot. Keep in mind while gathering at night was lowered a little, there’s still around a 10% boost for night gathering and of course the quarries are boosted at night too!
This January we had 5 Thursdays which means this last cycle, was 3 weeks instead of 2. The next time this will happen in 2019 is in May, August and October. So I took a poll in Discord.
The poll in Discord was overwhelmingly in favor of the idea that in months where the last wipe cycle is 3 weeks long, we’re going to wipe, but likely we’ll wipe with an experimental custom map. The next time this will happen is in May, August, and October!
There’s a lot of very interesting items surfacing that may make their way into the February 7th patch.
- HBHF (Heartbeat Breathing Humidity Footstep) Sensor: Electrical component that detects players, using line-of-sight, who come within a certain range of it.
- Rand Switch: Electrical component that sends a random true or false signal to other electronic devices.
- Siren Light: Electrical component that shows a circular red warning signal.
- Flasher Light: Electrical component that flashes a light.
- Oil Rig Monument: Large and small oil rig monuments.
- RF Receiver: Electronic component that works like a switch used with a detonator
- Detonator: Electronic component used to trigger electronic components using RF Receivers.
- RF Broadcaster: Electronic component that broadcasts a message.
- RF Pager: Electronic device carried with the player to receive the RF Broadcaster signal.
- Minicopter: Findable 2-seat copter, fueled by low-grade fuel and targetable by SAM sites.
I’m certainly looking forward to the next patch and seeing what you Bumfuzzlers think about wiping with a custom map for the last week of these 3-week wipe cycles. Until then, have fun out there and continue to give me feedback!
I’ve just recently installed the mapping tools and if I have time, I might be beginning to work on a custom map just for Modtopia 🙂 Should be fun.