What is the Autodoor Plugin?
The Autodoor plugin on Bumfuzzlertopia is a great edition to Facepunch’s Rust game that allows you to configure your doors to automatically close your doors after the default amount of time passes. You can configure different doors differently, set the time in which they close, and even turn on and off individual doors from closing automatically or all of them.
The Autodoor functionality is unlocked by accumulating Loyalty points (/loyalty) on Bumfuzzlertopia.
Here are the commands for the Autodoors plugin:
- /ad – Enable/Disable automatic door closing overall
- /ad <time (seconds)> – Set automatic closing delay for doors (Doors set by single/type options explained below are not included). Example: /ad 5
- /ad <all | a> <time (seconds)> – Set automatic closing delay for all doors. Example: /ad all 5
The ‘single’ command option allows you to turn on/off automatic door closing for a specific door and/or set a specific door’s automatic close time. To use the ‘single’ command option, you must look directly at the door you want to set while using the commands below.
- /ad <single | s> – Enable/Disable automatic closing of the door you are looking at. Example: /ad single
- /ad <single | s> <time (seconds)> – Set automatic closing delay for the door you are looking at. Example: /add single 5
The ‘type’ command option allows you to turn on/off automatic door closing for a specific type of door and/or set the close time for a specific type of door. To use the ‘type’ command option, you must look directly at the type of door you want to set while using the commands below. For instance, if you look at a garage door when typing /ad type 15, all garage doors will be set to automatically close after 15 seconds.
- /ad <type | t> – Enable/disable automatic door closing for the type of door you are looking at. Example: /ad type
- /ad <type | t> <time (seconds)> – Set automatic closing delay for the type of door you are looking at. Example: /ad type 5
If you ever forget what the options are for the Autodoor feature, you can always use the help option in game.
- /ad <help | h> – View help. Example: /ad help
It’s highly recommended to use this feature to avoid accidentally leaving your base with doors open. Open doors, even on the inside of your base, will make it much easier for a raider to be successful. However, it’s suggested that you set the majority of your doors to 10 seconds, but set your front two doors to 3 seconds. This way you can more easily move around your base, but you lessen the chance that someone could run into your front door behind you.