Happy New Year Bumfuzzlers! I wish you, your friends and family the best possible 2018! To ring in the new year I have a bunch of server updates for you! Please enjoy!
Now you can type /flare to spawn yourself a new gun that shoots flares! It’s pretty sweet! Woohoo! Ranged illumination!
Based on feedback by DHJ Doge [GW], I decided to adjust the required items for proximity scanners. The default used CCTV Cameras and Targeting Computers. Most people will want to use those items for Auto Turrets. Here’s what the scanners require now:
- 5 metal springs
- 2,500 metal fragments
- 5 sewing kits
- 1 lock code
- 5 sheet metal
- 2,500 wood
Type /scan for more info and know who comes and goes in any area.
Vote Hero Kit
Voting is easy and it gives you some great benefits like a guaranteed daily supply signal. Over time, as you gain more and more votes, that number grows. On top of that, you have even more incentive to vote. If you are the player with the highest votes during the wipe cycle, you’ll get access to the new Vote Hero kit which includes 4 supply signals! The sky will be full of airdrops!
It turns out there was a possibility the plane was crashing into the mountains as per feedback from Monkles. I set it to fly 5 meters higher than usual to hopefully avoid that. Here’s a video of the Plane Crash event if you haven’t seen it!
It’s been about time I set some rules because sometimes things get out of hand. If you type /rules you’ll now get a working list of rules that we’ll be using to govern the server. Here’s what you’ll see:
- Breaking rules results in immediate ban. No exceptions.
- Don’t do obvious wrong – hacking, exploiting, etc.
- Don’t be jerkish – harassing, bullying, griefing, etc.
- Don’t be abusive – cursing, racist, sexual, etc.
- Don’t advertise – your server, other servers, sites, etc.
- Don’t trash this server or admins for any reason.
- Don’t assist others in breaking these rules.
- Not reporting others for breaking rules may result in your ban.
Unfortunately a few of you lost items due to remover tool mishaps. Due to that, I’ve made a change. Now when you try to remove a storage box that contains items, it refuses to remove the storage box, This way it protects you from making a mistake and losing all your items with an accidental remove. If you want to remove a full box, empty it first and then remove it.
I’ve created 5 new quests, 4 of which will provide you with 4-5 Skin Perks – ya know those fancy items with special powers? Type /q to launch the quest interface and then choose the quest you’d like to fulfill. Once you accept the quest, simply fulfill it and claim your reward!
Here’s a list of the quests I’ve added.
- Hemp Humper – Gather 5,000 Cloth
- Stuck on you – Gather 50 Bottles of Glue
- Fix Anything – Gather 50 Rolls of Duct Tape
- Blood Transfusion – Gather 50 Bags of Blood
- Spring Cleaning – Gather 50 Bottles of Bleach
Please be safe this New Year’s Eve and may the 2018 year be amazingly special and prosperous for Bumfuzzlers everywhere! Enjoy the great food!