Today marks the end of early access for Rust as it’s officially released today! This means a higher price and hopefully higher quality releases despite the lower frequency. So, they released a patch today and forced a map and blueprint wipe, but they gave us some pretty changes to the world and trees. There’s also some other nuggets such as frog boots, pickles, animal redistribution via biome and more! Let’s get crackin’ Bumfuzzlers!
It’s come a long way since the original release. Over the last months they’ve really made some great strides in improving the look and feel of the game.
Here’s the original Rust release:
Now here is how it looks now:
The new trees look great and when paired with the world generation changes it makes for a great looking, more realistic world.
View Model Details
We’re still waiting to see our clothing in the first person view, but here are some new pictures of how it might look when completed.
Here’s a complete list of changes with highlights from yours truly! Bet you’re going to eat your pickles with your Frog Boots on aren’t ya, ya Bumfuzzler!
Devblog 197 February 08 2018
- NEW Added Frog Boots, My Dudes.
- NEW Added new trees
- NEW Added Road Exploration Tutorial
- NEW Added Workbench Tutorial
- NEW Added Research Tutorial
- NEW Section Names for each tutorial instead of “task list”
- NEW Added Pickles, with a chance of botulism
- UPDATED Improvements in lighting process/ Higher IBL contribution
- UPDATED Post Processes and LUTs refresh
- UPDATED Visual upgrades on the world generation (terrain, rocks, foliage and lot more)
- UPDATED Improved overall terrain splat mapping
- UPDATED Higher Densities of Icebergs and Icesheets
- UPDATED Optimized foliage system with a lot of different foliage types
- UPDATED Vm animation updates
- UPDATED Netting costs 1 Rope instead of 3
- UPDATED Fire arrows cost 2 cloth instead of 10
- UPDATED Scientists have reduced accuracy
- UPDATED Changed default server information image
- UPDATED Loot Barrels now drop 2 Scrap instead of 1
- UPDATED Double Metal Door now default blueprint
- UPDATED AK47 horizontal recoil kicks in faster
- UPDATED Aim Sway inactive for several seconds after a shot
- UPDATED Melee tip hides sooner
- FIXED Fixed some streaming sound related performance spikes
- FIXED Fixed missing mesh references on skinnable items
- FIXED Wild Animals now spawn in biomes and terrain that fits their environment
- FIXED Fixed inaccurate upkeep time on the tool cupboard
- FIXED Fixed doors not decaying when their upkeep was not paid for
- FIXED Fixed harbors not spawning correctly
- FIXED Fixed hilltop rocks sometimes overlapping monuments
- FIXED Fixed various small world generation issues
- FIXED Workbench Experiments can now reveal ammo types
- FIXED Fixed Garage Doors taking splash damage
- FIXED Fixed task list not displaying under some resolutions