Patch and wipe time Bumfuzzlers! The map and blueprints were wiped and you can thank WRecKLeSS for the choice of map this time around. Very nice job choosing the venue! And there’s a bunch to talk about! We’ve got Chainsaws, a new shotgun, chinook previews, new incendiary shells, a bunch of changes and grief protection! Looky here!
It’s in! And it’s great for collecting wood for sure! Take a gander!
Pop in some low grade fuel and right mouse to start it up. It appears it’ll take a few tries since it has a 40% success rate of starting, but once it’s going it destroys trees and people, but that’s about it. People will hear you using it for sure. Shame they didn’t make it cut down wood structures. I mean, that doesn’t make sense. It’s a chainsaw!
Wow! I didn’t see this coming! Rust meets Modern Warfare 2 lol Take a look at this bestiality!
You can’t craft it which means by default it’ll only be in the airdrops and Bradley or Helicopter crates. I’ll have to adjust the loot tables to ensure its in there so it might not be immediately. It’s semi-automatic and great for close quarters!
No it’s not in just yet, but you can get more looks at it below.
They are also creating a new crate specifically for the chinook event
They adjusted the nailgun so it’s a little easier to use by increasing the fire rate a bit.
Incendiary Shells (aka Dragon’s Breath)
These are going to look awesome in a gunfight at night! Take a look!
They contain much larger projectiles, making it easier to hit your target as well as producing a magnesium flame on contact, slowing movement and dealing damage over time. That’s some serious benefits!
Oak Trees & Bushes
They aren’t in there yet, but take a look at what’s coming most likely in the next patch.
Here are the new bushes. Apparently they’re native to North America and are called the Glaucous Willow and the Spicebush! They’re tall enough to use for cover.
Here are the oak trees. There’s going to be leafy and dead varieties.
Cupboard Grief Protection
Now, if your cupboard is destroyed and it has resources in it, your base will use part or all of those resources to purchase up to 24 hours of decay protection on all building blocks that are currently connected to the building. This requires resources to be in the cupboard, so make sure to put a code lock on it. Seems better than being cupboard raided!
They’ve added some major glare to the water which I’ve already had some of you complain about. If you want to turn it off, change the world reflections setting in your options.
Repairs now will cost 20% of the item cost instead of 50% and of course the repair bench no longer requires wood to craft!
Here’s a bunch of other changes in the game. I’ve highlighted the ones I think are more important. Enjoy gaming with the new items Bumfuzzlers!
Devblog 198 March 01 2018
- NEW Added Chainsaw
- NEW Added Incendiary Shotgun Shells
- NEW Added Spas-12 Shotgun
- NEW Terrain Blend Maps for better monuments transition
- NEW Added upkeep grief protection
- NEW Added glaucous willow and spicebush plants
- NEW Added world reflection graphics setting
- FIXED Fixed painted signs sometimes resetting on server restart
- FIXED Fixed workshop skin corruption issue
- FIXED Fixed dark lighting at the gates of Military Tunnels
- FIXED Fixed incorrect star positions relative to sun and moon
- FIXED Fixed foundation rotation exploit
- FIXED Fixed workshop skin loading issue
- FIXED Fixed S11 Cave having no build block volumes (Hapis)
- FIXED Fixed locker, bed, workbench floating slightly after construction placed on no longer exists
- FIXED Bandages and syringes now show their healing information
- FIXED Searchlight no longer accessible without TC access
- FIXED Fixed weird sprint+aim exploit
- UPDATED Optimized conditional model performance
- UPDATED Vastly improved interior lighting
- UPDATED Upgraded to Unity 2017.1.3
- UPDATED Improved cliff mesh placement next to monuments
- UPDATED Moved our grass and overgrowrth to new foliage shader
- UPDATED Optimized client file cache performance
- UPDATED Increased tree view distance at high tree quality settings
- UPDATED Optimized tree performance at low tree quality settings
- UPDATED Slightly harder to wall off southern convoy (Hapis)
- UPDATED Reduced forest size in areas for performance reasons (Hapis)
- UPDATED Xmas tree no longer craftable
- UPDATED Mailbox repairable
- UPDATED Water purifier can no longer be placed on barbecue and fireplace
- UPDATED All signs, banners and frames are now repairable
- UPDATED Bed can be repaired
- UPDATED Bed can be picked up with hammer + building privilege
- UPDATED Repair bench wood cost removal
- UPDATED Repairing items now costs 20% instead of 50% of their total cost
- UPDATED Scientists have slightly more health
- UPDATED Scientists have proper loot tables
- REMOVED Stripped unused tree assets (disk space usage)