For those who celebrate it, Happy Easter! With that, I’ve got some Modtopia updates for you Bumfuzzlers in the form of new event monuments for you to earn access to a new kit! Then we have some other updates as well. Check it out!
Where else would the Easter Bunny go? Obviously he’d go to the Bunny Ranch and that’s where you’ll have to go to find him and his Easter Thugs! Find it, conquer it and gain access to a kit! The kit is pink, juicy and boomsy! 🙂
For a while the map was disabled due to some underlying Rust issues. That’s now working again! I hope Facepunch keeps it that way!
There have been a lot of updates to Loyalty as of late and I have a few more coming! Loyalty is a huge part of the server culture, but I’ve always felt it was confusing and not very communicative. Most players had no idea they’d be receiving access to new plugins and kits or what they were.
Here are some of the changes:
- The loyalty plugin has been renamed to Prestige, but it still uses loyalty points.
- /loyalty now shows you not only your loyalty points, but your level and the points needed to get to the next level.
- /loyalty rewards shows a list of all the available levels (might only show 10 now)
- Reaching a new loyalty level will now tell you the points you reached, the level you reached and exactly what you got access to for reaching it.
- When a player reaches a new level, it will broadcast it to the server and tell others what they got access to.
- I’ve added 6 new levels for starters. These levels will give the players access to one plugin each. These plugins were plugins everyone had access to at the start originally.
- Welcome (1 point) Easily locate your corpse before others do (type /where)
- Level 1 (5 points) Autodoors allows doors to close on timer (type /ad ‘5’)
- Level 2 (10 points) Get your very own pet chicken (type /pet help)
- Level 3 (15 points) Fuel up & drive a car with up to 3 friends
- Level 4 (20 points) Autogive friends TC & Turret access (/autoauth)
- Native (30 points) Autosplit items in furnaces for faster burning
I’m hoping this will give people a better awareness of what they are getting as well as a knowledge of what they bet. I’ll be adding the following items:
- When you hit a level, it will play a sound indicating that something happened
- A timed message will be shown every ‘x’ minutes advising players of their loyalty points, the next level, the points needed to reach that next level and also what they’ll get.
- More levels to break down each item players get into a single level
- Possibly a GUI approach that shows a better indicator when a level is reached.
Now that some skin issues were resolved by Facepunch, I’ll be enabling economics again soon along with the skin store and possibly a rewards plugin that allows you to buy kits, commands, plugins, etc. I have to balance it all so it might take a little bit of time so I’ll enable some of it right away and the rest over time.
I’ve enable economics again and the skin shop, but when the wipe happens, I may wipe player currency levels and balance them a bit. I want items in the stores to be valuable so I don’t want players to gain too much currency. I have to strongly consider the earnings and costs.
To access the skin shop type /skin shop and afterwards you can reskin an item by holding it in your hand and typing /skin.
Have fun you Bumfuzzlers and drop me some feedback!