What’s up Bumfuzzlers? Well, there are some key game changing additions to the game this wipe including underwater exploration and a central role playing monument called The Compound. Let’s go through some of these changes!
This new compound monument should prove interesting. It’s a scientist controlled safe zone shopping mall for Bumfuzzlers 🙂 So they’ll sell items in vending machines, but just don’t step out of line!
The scientists have rules. You can’t have weapons, grab loot, kill, sleep or run with scissors. If you do, they’ll see you as hostile and quickly dispatch you with a barrage of scientist weaponry including a new auto turret.
The vending machines will have basic clothing, traps & weapons, resource exchange, tools, components and building supplies.
In my opinion, it seems like a great addition. A few players have asked me to create something like this, but the work involved each wipe was a bit much so this is very welcome. I’m curious how those turrets let loose. They look angry 🙂
Now you can go searching for Davey Jone’s Locker! You should be able to find underwater rock formations which come in 6 different variations. Near them you’ll find crates containing loot! Who doesn’t want those! 🙂 There are also other crates tied down that you have to release (hold E), allow the crate to go to the surface and grab the loot there.
The goggles allow you to see underwater, diving tank allows you to breath for 10 minutes and can be refilled, flippers allow to you to move faster underwater, but slow you down on land, and the wetsuit allows you to stay warm in cold water.
Facepunch is taking some responsibility for the hacking that’s gone on over the recent months and says, “There’s no excuse for us not addressing these for as long as we have. We simply haven’t held up our end of the deal.” Because of this, you’ll see a new cheat prevention update as you fire up the game. Let’s home it keeps things on the up and up.
I’ve been waiting for this for some time. This should add some great realism to the game. I always found it annoying to KNOW I have a shirt on, but see my arm telling me I didn’t. Now. you should see what you wear, on your hands and arms in first person! Check out how awesome these look!
Those are surely the big ticket items, but there’s a few other changes that are important to recognize. Here’s a great overview video!
I’ve highlighted the changes I think stand out below! Enjoy Bumfuzzlers!
Devblog 200 May 03 2018
NEW New boat sounds
NEW Scientists Compound Monument
- NEW Facial Hair Style 04
- NEW New chainsaw sounds
- NEW Added underwater rock formations
- NEW Projectile trajectory verification is now enabled by default (hack)
- NEW Added Diving Goggles – better underwater visiblity
- NEW Added Diving Wetsuit – cold/wet protection
- NEW Added Diving Flippers – faster water movement, slower land movement
- NEW Added Diving Cylinder – breathe underwater for 10 mins
- NEW Added dive sites and underwater loot crates
- NEW Added first person clothing
- UPDATED Local player footsteps are quieter than other players
- UPDATED Misc sound polish and mix tweaks
- UPDATED Improved Hair Textures and Materials
- UPDATED Improved Hair Dye Colours
- UPDATED ai_dormant true by default (server performance)
- UPDATED Improved Hapis offshore junkpile spawns
- UPDATED Improved Hapis Ch47 drop points
- UPDATED Added CH47 drop point to SiteA (Hapis)
- UPDATED Hapis Pumping station has slightly larger prevent building volume
- UPDATED Block player inputting items into elite crates
- UPDATED Block player inputting items into APC crate
- UPDATED High external walls and gates decay much faster when placed outside of TC range
- UPDATED Improved Ambient Occlusion
- UPDATED Improved underwater rendering
- UPDATED Improved CPU-side rendering performance
- UPDATED EAC SDK update
- UPDATED No longer broadcast effects to players in the connection queue (optimization)
- UPDATED Optimized radial RPCs
- UPDATED AI can reason about hostility marked players
- UPDATED Support for stationary scientists at Compound
- UPDATED Support for patrolling scientists at Compound
- UPDATED Scientists can now search for lost targets
- UPDATED Improved AI for mounted scientists
- UPDATED Stationary scientists looks at players that get close enough
- FIXED Fixed animals spawning inside small cliffs on Hapis
- FIXED Fixed some broken Hapis map sounds
- FIXED Fixed nudity censor clipped by water surface; e.g. rowboat
- FIXED Fixed crafting queue dropped item server crash exploit
- FIXED Fixed multiple position ticks received in the same frame being ignored on the client
- FIXED Fixed issue where AI dormant + server network caching would corrupt position timestamps
- FIXED Fixed floating base build using triangular wall conditional models
- FIXED Fixed server side stair collider rotation sometimes being incorrect after rotating
- FIXED Fixed roof side exploits
- FIXED Fixed fanned wall stacking exploits
- FIXED Fixed foundation steps sometimes being unplaceable
- FIXED Fixed speed resource gathering (hack)
- FIXED Fixed speed swim and crouch (hack)
- FIXED Fixed looting dropped items through walls (hack)
- FIXED Fixed placing deployables through walls (hack)
- FIXED Fixed damage through walls via head clipping (hack)
- FIXED Fixed silent melee swing and attack (hack)
- FIXED Fixed silent projectile impacts (hack)
- FIXED Fixed sign upload lag (exploit)
- FIXED Fixed rapid fire bow (hack)
- FIXED Fixed unlimited oxygen (hack)
- FIXED Fixed chat UI corruption (exploit)
- FIXED Fixed crossbow attachments turning invisible when no arrow is loaded
- FIXED Can no longer spears etc under water
- FIXED Mounted players auto dismount if their head clips geometry
- FIXED Can no longer mount moving boats if the boat has a driver
- FIXED Junkpile scientists no longer hover over the ground
- FIXED Junkpile scientists despawn with the junkpile
- FIXED Scientist burst firing stop when they lose target
- FIXED Fixed range consideration for mounted scientists
- FIXED Fixed animal spawning where they would sometimes not come to life
- FIXED Scientists should no longer crouch walk
- FIXED Optimized the Geiger Counter