Tweakin’ a few items on the Modtopia server based on some recent Bumfuzzler feedback. I’ve buffed the supply drops and added a few related changes, modified some annoying filters, redesigned items in the website store and more! Read on!
From some players I’ve heard the supply drops are great and from others I’ve heard they stink. I guess it depends on the situation. It’s important to recognize I designed them to vary greatly, Regardless, I figure I’ll improve them a bit, but also limit them in other ways. In essence, I’d like to make supply drops more special, but obviously not nearly as special as the SuperHeli or Bradley loot. You can expect more adjustments to come over the next couple weeks.
- Supply drop loot is improved
- removed several less valuable items from the mix
- gave ranges to items (ex: When C4 spawns you will get between 1 & 3 of them, rockets between 1 & 10, etc.)
- drops now include some scrap
- Supply signals now drop only 1 crate per signal
- Supply signal drop item count was lowered from 8 items to 6 (max = 6, min = 4)
- Supply signal drop crates can now be looted by players other than the owner
- Supply drop announcements are now shown in global announcement (at the top of the screen)
- Players no longer receive an announcement about others supply signal drop
- Players no longer receive information about who throws a supply signal
- Players no longer receive notification when a drop is being looted
- Players will receive notification if drop is within 1,000 meters of their location
- Players will receive notification about timed supply drop (vs. supply signal)
- Timed supply drop time frame changed from 30-50 minutes to 45-120 minutes
- Rewards for daily voting were lowered a little. Voting each day (/vote) will now give you the following rewards:
- 25 daily votes required for earning 2 signals daily (increased from 10)
- 50 daily votes required for earning 3 signals daily (increased from 25)
- 100 daily votes required for earning 4 signals daily (increased from 50)
- 250 daily votes required for earning 5 signals daily (increased from 100)
- 5 signals is now the max
There were a few default word censors that I’ve removed from the list like LMAO. Not sure why they were on there. The basics are still enforced as would be expected.
It’s unfortunate word replacement broke a few updates back so it no longer replaces censored words with the word Bumfuzzler. Hope to fix that at some point.
I’ve removed a bunch of the items from the store as I’ve received a few comments from players who feel the server comes across as pay to win. I can see that, so I decided to can them. I’ll be reviewing things for a little bit to decide what I can sell in the store that will provide players with value and help with the financial side of running the server without jeopardizing the integrity of the game play and unintentionally giving players an unfair advantage via their wallets.
Here’s what what changed:
- Removed all kit based purchases including skin perk and resource kits
- Removed all VIP level purchases
- Removed all individual donation purchases
- Added Loyalty Point item. Allows purchasing of 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,500, 5,000 and 10,000 points (/loyalty)
- Added Donation item. Allows donations of $1, $5, $10, $25 or $50.
So for now, purchases will not give players anything that can’t be earned on the server already. Loyalty points simply give people the ability to earn points faster.
Hopefully these tweaks help balance out the server a little and give all of you Bumfuzzlers an even better experience! Please keep the feedback coming!