With the impending Early Access exodus upon us, it appears the Facepunch crew is trying to tie some loose ends for you Bumfuzzlers! We’ve got various tips, AI changes and more so read on!
To help new players along, there’s been a surge of Game Tips and Loading Tips. About 20 Game Tips will help new players survive in that first day while Loading Tips will make sure you get a full edumacation while loading the game on your 486. Pay attention!
It appears the NPCs got a kick in the pants this week as “they will charge less, hug cover more and sidestep in/out from it.” Facepunch goes on to say “They will know the difference between advancing, flanking and retreating to cover, and when they retreat they will turn and sprint. They will also know when their cover has been compromised. They’ll stop to shoot, rather than run-and-gun with perfect aim.” Sounds to me like they’re getting much smarter so watch out out there! Especially with the Boss of Hearts! 🙂
Finally we will be able to see our clothing in the first person view and in admires. This definitely will add more realism to the game and make it feel more complete. Check out the picture below to see what I mean. That’s going to look great with all the Skin Perks!
They’re adding two more variations of the water wells. I really like the look of them. They add a lot to the game.
Looks like you can now admire your geetar while you play your magical tunes for the other players on the server!
There’s a bunch of other changes and fixes abound as you can see by the list down below. As usual I’ve highlight my favorites.
Devblog 195 January 25 2018
- NEW New third person sounds for all handheld water containers
- NEW New flare sounds
- NEW Add burning fuse sound to survey charge
- NEW New third person sounds for the medical syringe
- NEW New third person deploy sound for the building planner
- NEW Flare admire animation
- NEW Flashlight admire animation
- NEW Added 20 new contextual game tips
- NEW Added printpos / printrot / printeyes admin console commands
- NEW Added 25 loading screen tips
- NEW Added eat / drink admin console commands
- FIXED Lower global max voice count on gunshots (perf fix w/ many scientists shooting at once)
- FIXED Fix for Patrol Helicopter floating in Junkyard
- FIXED Fixed barrels floating at site B (Hapis)
- FIXED Fixed players spawning in ocean (Savas Island)
- FIXED Fixed cheat report opening when typing in chat
- FIXED Fixed wind generator not been able to be removed by admins using “ent kill”
- FIXED Fixed having hat skins not allowing the root item to be craftable
- FIXED Fixed physics.steps exploit
- FIXED Fixed memory leak in vending machine UI
- FIXED Fixed crash on exit
- UPDATED Misc minor sound tweaks & polish
- UPDATED Guitar admire animation updated
- UPDATED Machette is now default blueprint and needs WB1
- UPDATED Note and Building Plan now require wood to craft
- UPDATED SMG Costs reduced by 1 spring and 5 HQM
- UPDATED Optimized player network updates
- UPDATED Optimized reflection probe refresh
- REMOVED Removed paper