I’ve made a lot of small tweaks to both Vanillatopia and Modtopia which will hopefully equate to some improved gameplay for you Bumfuzzlers! We’ve got everything from resource spawning to meteor showers! Check it out!
The resources were spawning a bit slow on Vanillatopia so I decided to take a look at resource spawning on both Vanillatopia and Modtopia to see if I could make some improvements. Here’s what I changed:
- Resources respawn 2x faster
- Resources increased by 10%
- Resources respawn 2x faster
- Resources decreased by 10%
I decided to lower the resources on Modtopia because resource gathering is already very high and with all the plugins, this could increase performance for some people with lower end computers. Maybe some of you will get longer distance kills even! The amount of difference in count for instance is about 30 trees over the entire map. I doubt it will be noticed and of course let me know if you feel any pain from this change and we can change it back. Keep in mind this is a change for all resources so it affects trees, animals, mushrooms, etc. It’s critical that I get feedback from you about how this is working. (Thanks to Rayyy for feedback)
Meteor Shower Event
What would life be without the occasional weather related disaster? Well, now, every so often, meteors will rain from the sky! They are random, in random areas of the map and they may be extreme or mild. They can absolutely do damage to players and buildings (but not much) so watch out! These showers come with falling debris in the form of resources!
This video does not do it justice, but it gives you an idea.
I’ve only added this event to Modtopia for now, but I’ll consider adding it to Vanillatopia in the coming weeks.
I’ve made a few additions to the forums that will hopefully make it more usable and friendly. Please enjoy the following tweaks!
- Increased the font size in various areas
- Added a visual editor for posting
- Checkbox now default to notify you on responses
- Can now post images inline
- Can now use @mention and person will be notified
Stop by the forums and conversate! 🙂
I’ve made a few tweaks to the loot on both Vanillatopia and Modtopia in various forms. Here’s a run down of the changes.
- Turned off blueprint spawning as they’re unlocked (I hope this time for good) (Thanks to Freshmeat911 for feedback)
- Helicopter Pilot Eject event: the pilot now has inventory to loot (Thanks to Rayyy for suggestions)
- Changed rarity of the Smoke Rocket to 3, the same as other rockets. It was disabled. (Thanks to Rayyy for feedback)
- Smoke Rockets now spawn in Elite Crates. (Thanks to Rayyy for feedback)
- Autokit for VIP: Removed food and torch, added 5 radiation pills (Thanks Orion and WRecKLeSS for feedback)
- SuperHeli loot was weak. Now all crates will have at least 3 items each instead of sometimes 1 or 2 (Thanks to Obey Mike Opp for feedback)
- SuperHeli loot now matches the SuperBradley loot tables (Thanks to Obey Mike Opp for feedback)
- Ensured SuperHeli crates were set to 3 for regular and refuel events and at 1 for the pilot eject event (Thanks to Obey Mike Opp for feedback)
- SuperBradley crates reduced from 4 to 3
As has happened on Modtopia, it appears the plane was indeed crashing – into mountains! lol I’ve adjusted it’s fly height to 5 meters higher. Hopefully that will be the end to that. (Thanks to Rayyy for feedback)
As always, keep that feedback flowing Bumfuzzlers! It really helps improve the server!