Hey Bumfuzzlers! This week brings some awesome changes and epic expansions! We have a bossier Bradley APC, A.K.A. SuperBradley, the promise of sweetening Supply Drops, a new Freddy Krueger boss, raiding party bases on the horizon, web store subscriptions, an upcoming patch, the wipe and much more! Read on!
Finally, the Bradley APC has joined the SuperHeli Patrol Helicopter at being super!
Not only does he have more health, but the SuperBradley also has a few more tricks up his sleeve.
- He’s faster. Be careful cause he can easily sneak up on you if you’re looting launch.
- His rockets pack more of a punch and they have a larger explosion radius.
- His rockets now, more often than not, fire napalm rounds.
- The SuperBradley is a little more accurate with his machine gun.
- When damaged, he’ll trigger a smokescreen and retreat, forcing you to change your positioning.
- Of course, due to his higher difficulty, his loot is now doubled.
I’m going to be tinkering with the SuperBradley settings over the next few wipes to find the right balance. Have fun out there and give me some feedback.
One of the SuperSkin bows had some issues loading its skin.
So what you’d wind up having is a blank tile in your inventory for the Falcon Flier Hunting Bow. That’s no fun.
Now you should see a beautiful golden bow with wings.
Guess the Word
It’s one of those distractions for the extremely literate.
No doubt it’s hard. Most times I’m puzzled what the word can be.
Since it’s difficult, I raised the reward from $25 to $50 and also changed the message in-game to make sure people know there is a reward.
Good luck guessing!
There seems to have been a possible loophole that allowed trading while raid blocked.
Sorry. Now that loophole has been closed.
You’ll just have to bring what you need with you when you go raiding!
The poll in Discord was overwhelmingly in favor of reducing airdrops, but making the loot better.
Given that, fairly soon, or hopefully by next wipe at least, I’ll execute my current plans (subject to some change):
- The loot should be dramatically improved. I’m planning on using the same loot as the SuperBradley and SuperHeli.
- The daily airdrop kit will be changed to every 3 days.
- The subscriber kit will be changed to give 1 airdrop every 3 days.
- Voting now will give you fewer airdrops, but it will give you more money
- The timer for airdrops will be raised from 1-2 hours to 2-4 hours
- When in the loot, it will be found one at a time instead of groups of 3
Hopefully, this will make airdrops more valuable.
I would have implemented it right away, but I had some issues with the supply drop loot settings so I have to revisit it later. Just know it’s coming and don’t be surprised if changes happen before I get time to post again.
Thanks to Hexoh, CannonFodder, country_Chawbacon, Shloshed and Autobot for the feedback.
As if Jason isn’t scary enough, now you need to deal with Freddy.
Despite what you might have thought, you don’t have to live on Elm Street to be haunted by this guy. Simply wander the Rust wilderness on Bumfuzzlertopia and unexpectedly stumble upon this horrifying boss. He’s carrying some unique loot. Just watch out for those long fingernails 🙂
Thanks to Gravy for the suggestion.
On Bumfuzzlernilla I’ve been automatically creating bases for a week now.
I used to do this on Bumfuzzlertopia, but it was a very manual process and very time-consuming. Finally, there’s a way to automatically do this and it seems to have become stable and bug-free. However, due to the complexity of the plugin I’m taking my time.
Sometime during the next wipe, it may go live on Bumfuzzlertopia too, but testing, testing, testing. I’m hoping to execute the feature in a way where you won’t know what is and what is not a player base. Unlike the testing phase on Bumfuzzlernilla, the bases won’t be labeled on the map. It’s really a question of balancing the loot inside.
Hopefully, this will allow for raiders to get that release and also help reduce the butthurtedness of having your base raided so often.
Many of you have asked to be able to do away with the hassle of re-purchasing your favorite packages over and over.
Now the web store allows you to simply subscribe so you’ll never miss a beat.
- You won’t have to re-purchase your favorite packages
- No longer will you be surprised due to an expired package
I’ve lowered gather rates ever so slightly.
I only mention it just in case something doesn’t go as planned and you have the opportunity to let me know. Otherwise, I don’t expect you’ll notice the changes.
Today is a full wipe for both Bumfuzzlertopia and Bumfuzzlernilla.
I’m at the mercy of when they release their patch, but typically you can expect it’ll come somewhere between 3 and 5 PM EST. I’ll communicate in Discord when I start the process.
As always thank you Bumfuzzlers for all your feedback and support. Keep the feedback flowing so we can continue making Bumfuzzlertopia and Bumfuzzlernilla your favorite Rust servers!