Hey Bumfuzzlers! Sorry, it’s been so long since I posted last. Life has been really busy. Here’s what I got this time around: The Pirate Booty package gets improvements, Trapper & Sign Artist enhancements, Rejoin Reward changes, stacking changes, Bumfuzzlerbuild server? Zombies can swim? The future of Bumfuzzler servers, and so much more! Read on!
Submarines are awesome! Especially when used in conjunction with water bases. Picture underwater garage doors 🙂
If you have the Pirate Booty package, you can now claim solo and duo submarines and make them yours
Simply use /vclaim and /vunclaim while looking at a submarine you like.
Just a couple more perks in addition to the water base expansions, boat, and submarine unlimited fuel and no decay!
Trapper on Bumfuzzlernilla
Protect your teammates from harm or reset triggered snap traps for the next time an enemy comes around.
Now on Bumfuzzlernilla, you’ll have access to Trapper at certain Prestige levels (/prestige).
- At level 17 your snap traps will automatically reset
- At level 29, automatically protect owner, authorized, and teammates from landmines and snap traps.
What a great way to ensure your friends are safe and your enemies draw flies!
There are some fixes and enhancements coming your way!
- It appears zombies weren’t attacking players. That’s now been resolved.
- Thomas Binger, Joseph Rosenbaum, Anthony Huber, and Gaige Grosskreutz make the list of zombies on Bumfuzzlertopia.
- Zombies can now swim across the water to get you.
Thanks to Hippothotamus for the feedback.
The regular canvas was just not enough for us.
Now you can use Sign Artist (/sil) with neon signs as well as normal signs.
Seems there’s a ton of items that weren’t stacked higher that needed to be.
The following stack sizes were changed on Bumfuzzlertopia, Bumfuzzlernation, and Bumfuzzlerbuild.
- aiming.module.mlrs 1 > 3
- ammo.rocket.mlrs 6 > 18
- attire.banditguard 1 > 256
- attire.ninja.suit 1 > 256
- boombox 1 > 256
- bottle.vodka 1 > 256
- cardtable 1 > 256
- carvable.pumpkin 1 > 256
- cassette 1 > 256
- cassette.medium 1 > 256
- cassette.short 1 > 256
- connected.speaker 5 > 256
- discoball 5 > 256
- discofloor 5 > 256
- discofloor.largetiles 5 > 256
- door.hinged.industrial.a 1 > 256
- captainslog 1 > 256
- elevator 1 > 16
- factorydoor 1 > 256
- firework.boomer.pattern 1 > 256
- fish.anchovy 10 > 256
- fish.catfish 5 > 56
- fish.herring 10 > 256
- fish.orangeroughy 5 > 256
- fish.salmon 10 > 256
- fish.sardine 10 > 256
- fish.smallshark 5 > 256
- fish.yellowperch 10 > 256
- fishing.tackle 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.01.head 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.01.legs 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.01.torso 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.02.head 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.02.legs 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.02.torso 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.03.head 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.03.legs 1 > 256
- frankensteins.monster.03.torso 1 > 256
- frankensteintable 1 > 256
- fun.boomboxportable 1 > 256
- fun.casetterecorder 1 > 256
- grub 20 > 256
- hat.bunnyhat 1 > 256
- hat.gas.mask 1 > 256
- hat.oxmask 1 > 256
- hat.tigermask 1> 256
- hazmatsuit.arcticsuit 1 > 256
- hazmatsuit.nomadsuit 1 > 256
- hazmatsuit.spacesuit 1 > 256
- hobobarrel 1 > 256
- horse.armor.roadsign 1 > 256
- horse.armor.wood 1 > 256
- horse.saddle 1 > 256
- industrial.wall.light 10 > 256
- industrial.wall.light.green 10 > 256
- industrial.wall.light.red 10 > 256
- jumpsuit.suit 1 > 256
- jumpsuit.suit.blue 1 > 256
- kayak 1 > 256
- laserlight 5 > 256
- lumberjack hoodie 1 > 256
- megaphone 1 > 256
- microphonestand 5 > 256
- mixingtable 1 > 256
- mobilephone 1 > 256
- movembermoustache 1 > 256
- movembermoustachecard 1 > 256
- paddle 1 > 256
- pumpkinbasket 1 > 256
- rustige_egg_c 1 > 256
- rustige_egg_d 1 > 256
- rustige_egg_e 1 > 256
- santabeard 1 > 256
- secretlabchair 1 > 256
- skull.trophy.table 1 > 256
- sofa 2 > 256
- sofa.pattern 2 > 256
- speargun.spear 64 > 256
- soundlight 5 > 256
- spraycan 1 > 256
- wall.external.high.ice 10 > 256
- worm 20 > 256
- xmas.double.door.garland 10 > 256
- xmas.lightstring.advanced 150 > 256
How to Connect
With Rust, the server list doesn’t always work the way you’d expect.
Servers may never show up on the list so it’s important for players to kn0w how to connect when they can’t use that list.
I wrote up quick article players can reference to understand the various methods to connect to Rust servers just in case they don’t see their favorite Bumfuzzler server in their server list.
You can find the article here – How to Connect to Rust Servers
Yes, yes. There’s a new server by popular – or at least a few people’s demands! lol
Here is how things are setup:
- 20x gather rate, 20x items
- PVE, players can’t kill players
- No Stability on structures, build as high as you want
- 2 week wipe cycle, wipes 1st Thursday and then second Sunday ~8am EST
- Low decay 2880 minutes 2 times slow
- After 72 hours of inactivity, structures are wiped
- Stacks are 5 times higher than Bumfuzzlertopia and Bumfuzzlernation
- Server restarts at 5 am and 5 pm
- Smelting is slightly faster
Here’s a list of all Bumfuzzler servers.
- Bumfuzzlernation: 188.8.131.52:28015
- Bumfuzzlertopia: 184.108.40.206:28016
- Bumfuzzlernilla: 220.127.116.11:28016
- Bumfuzzlerbuild: 18.104.22.168:28003
Thanks to Willow and Hippothotamus for the feedback.
I realized decay was set to default settings over at Bumfuzzlernation.
Now it’s set to 2880 like Bumfuzzlertopia.
Seems airdrops weren’t dropping no nachos any more 🙁
Now it should be working a-ok!
Thanks to MenacE, lynnmassbadass, and Hippothotamus for the feedback
The crew of the plane crash event was apparently getting naked and dancing around players?
You can check out the plane crash crew’s alien celebration if you’d like.
Since then, they now have been clothed, but I can’t promise they won’t dance.
Thanks to Hippothotamus for the feedback
Despite having loot set to automatically add new items to the loot at Facepunch includes them, it didn’t work so great.
I’ve reset the loot configs to default so that should sort it all out.
Thanks to Hippothotamus for the feedback
There are a few things that aren’t currently working due to patches.
These features aren’t currently working.
- Super Bradley
- Freddy and Jason NPCs
- Weapon Evolution
I’ll get them working again soon.
Restarts can be disruptive, especially if you have a potato of a computer.
Well now, there’s another completely custom feature unique only to Bumfuzzler servers. When any Bumfuzzler server restarts, as long as you rejoin within a certain amount of time, you’ll automatically be rewarded by Super Skins!
To be rewarded, you have to be online when the server begins its countdown and then rejoin within 30 minutes of when the server comes back up.
Once you rejoin, type /claimrejoin and you’ll get a random handful of Super Skins!
Thanks for the feedback Chaos
On June 16th, 2022, Bumfuzzlertopia and Bumfuzzlernilla servers subscription expires.
And most likely this year I’ll let them go.
After all, the dedication server I recently brought up, where Bumfuzzlernation and Bumfuzzlerbuild reside, fills the need. Bumfuzzlernation is a copy of Bumfuzzlertopia (minus the political stuff) and the server has far more resources. Maybe I can create a Bumfuzzlertrump server lol
Letting those servers expire will save me a few hundred bucks a year and also lots of time since Bumfuzzlertopia and Bumfuzzlernilla are now taking much more management time. This is simply due to the hosting…and of course, the population still hasn’t improved so what’s the point right?
This dedicated server expires in 2023 and is far more robust, but is also far more expensive. If the population doesn’t improve by then, I suppose I’ll have another decision to make.
Let’s see what happens.
We just had a wipe on the 1st Thursday of February, but we have some coming up.
- Saturday 2/12 Bumfuzzlernilla map wipes
- Sunday 2/13 Bumfuzzerlebuild map wipes
- Tuesday 2/15 Bumfuzzlernation map wipes
- Thursday 2/17 Bumfuzzlertopia map wipes
Hope to see you all out there playing and thanks as always for being loyal Bumfuzzlers! You all rock. I’ll try to work on a few new perks for Facepunch‘s new snowmobiles and snow biome if I have time! Have fun with Rust!